You don’t need to go to an ashram in India to learn meditation, you can study meditation at home. Meditation has been used for thousands of years as a method to calm your nerves and help you focus. That has brought about a number of methods and regimens that you can use to meditate like transcendental meditation.
We’ve decided to explore this technique further as it seems a really good candidate for those that want to study meditation at home. The recent health scare has forced millions indoors so currently there is a great need for meditation and the only way it can be studied is at home.
With this guide, you will find out how you can achieve the meditation results you are looking for utilizing transcendental meditation. Up next we’re going to tell you the particulars of what this type of meditation is and how you can start to study transcendental meditation at home.
Before you can get to learn about the meditation process and study Transcendental Meditation, you need to know what it is about. The main difference between transcendental and other forms of meditation techniques is that you have to repeat a mantra during the meditation session.
This is a form of a silent mantra of meditation that was developed by Maharishi Yogi. For this technique, you have to do it at least twice a day and it involves sitting with your eyes closed.
The technique or mantra is practiced at least 20 minutes per session. People have used this mantra technique in schools, prisons, and universities in the US. Some people have described the technique as religious while others see it as non-religious.
Benefits Of Meditation
If you want to deal with stress easily, one of the best methods you can use is meditation. A number of people have agreed that when they meditate, stress levels go down, and in some instances; they feel the stress melting away.
Some of the benefits that you get from meditating also include a peaceful mind which helps you think clearly and rationally. It also brings a sense of tranquility to the brain and makes you more proactive. All these, while reacting less to situations that are beyond your control.
How To Perform Transcendental Meditation
As stated before you have to perform the meditation sessions twice a day and a session shouldn’t be shorter than 20 minutes. You have mantras that you have to repeat in the sessions that you’ll be performing. You can follow the steps next to get a flow for transcendental meditation at home.
- Make yourself comfortable in a chair with your feet on the ground and hands on your lap, or you can sit on the floor cross-legged.
- The second step is to close your eyes and take deep breaths. These breaths help you relax your body.
- On the third move, open your eyes now. Okay, close them again now. Your eyes should now remain closed for the rest of the 20 minutes that you’ll be performing this session.
- The fourth move is to repeat a mantra in your mind. It can be a sound or word like Om.
- In the sixth step, the mantra should replace your thoughts so you slowly drift out of this world.
- The sixth step is now to slowly get back to the world. Assuming you had a time set on your phone, once the 20 minutes have elapsed; just begin to move your fingers and toes gently.
- Now, open your eyes and sit for a couple more minutes until you’re ready to kick on with your day.
Learning to study meditation at home can provide you with a new tool to deal with everyday stresses. Meditation has been proven to reduce stress as well as help with a variety of physical problems. With transcendental meditation, you only have to spare 20 minutes twice a day to find the tranquility you want.